Search This Blog

Monday, November 15, 2021

Storybook Coloring

Back to homework. I really loved this challenge because honestly I was highly impressed with not only the artists skills but the probability that I could actually do this. 

It's all about Storybook coloring with markers (Copics for me) and I had never even thought about this at all. Apparently it's usually done with watercolors but with markers I believe you can achieve the same results. 

There are two things that really impressed me, the first No Blending. That's right just straight out simple coloring going from light to dark. You do an all over color of light maybe leaving a few pecks of white..and just color willy nilly not getting it exact. Then you pick your shadows go with a wide area of mid tone and then finally the dark color to emphasis the deep shadows, that's it your done. I highly recommend you try this it's really very easy. 

Second when you stamp your image a lot of times we like that crisp black and then we color, this time one stamp, color, repeat stamp..of course you would need a stamping tool to get your images to align but hallelujah I am blown away by the end result of doing that. Hard to capture with my lens but trust me is really looks sharp and clean with the second stamp after the coloring. 

Here was my take on this homework assignment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment