Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Going waay back to Homework Assignment No 1

Yep, it's taken me a little bit to get this card posted. First my supplies (the perfect pearls ) had to arrive which wasn't till end of the class, figures. I had most of it done except for the beam of light and the sentiment. And then I had to complete the card and it's been a good week since I finished but the grandkids were here for a week and I took the time to enjoy them. 

Basically for this card you use ink on a colored piece of cardstock (obvious green choice here) and then you make a triangle template and use white ink mixed with perfect pearls and dab/swipe the beam of light over your targeted subject. In my case it was an elk. I thought this would work nicely as I didn't have a nativity scene to use as was the suggested stamp for the project. I used a dauber to first ink it then dabbed it into the jar of PP and just kept dabbing and rubbing onto the card and once I removed the stencil I tried to smudge the edges so the wouldn't be quite so perfect. 

Then I just stamped some forest trees (basically copying a card from stampscapes), the grass in the front and my sentiment which I heat embossed in black then added a few dew drops. All in all I am quite pleased with the look.

I am making a trip back to Calif to visit my daughter (yeah she was just here for a week) to go through the Vasona Park Tree lights..its normally a drive thru event but the first Sat in December they allow you to walk through and imo it's way better to walk it then it is to drive thru. There's a bunch of food trucks and music. I didn't want to miss the chance to enjoy some Christmas festivities with the grandkids. 

When I return I have a long list of stuff I need to get done but I do hope to step back into some card making because I enjoyed it and realized how much I missed it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment