Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Blended Backgrounds

I admit it I am running behind by at least 3 classes. Yesterday I had to strike while the sun was shinning and plant 375 bulbs (a mix of tulips and hyacinth) and today I had to devote to cleaning. So fun time just had to wait. 

But alas here I am with class 7 I think. In this class homework involved inking up a stamped and embossed image while leaving one area uninked. Now I am not going to lie it took me I think 5 or 6 card panels before I was successful in getting this card panel completed. After card 3 I inked up the background but completely forgot to mask off the diecut. That was kind of the whole idea to ink up all but a portion of the card where you overlayed your die leaving it lighter as you inked closer to the masked area. My failed attempts were mostly from failing to have the right embossing powder and failing to heat emboss the entire image therefore when I inked up the card I rubbed off the embossing powder, talk about your frustrations.

As you can see I prevailed in the end. 








No comments:

Post a Comment