Wednesday, October 22, 2014

First Christmas Card

I am heading off to the Expo so I have most of my supplies packed up but still wanted to get a jump start on my Christmas cards. I like to make individual cards as opposed to mass producing, although I imagine it would be much easier to mass produce one card. Maybe next year, until then here is the first of many cards.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Preparing for Halloween Treats

Since I work in an office environment I often bring in home made goodies to share and sometimes I make them something special just because.

Last Halloween I brought in this Spider Cake and these Treat Bags and this year thought I would do something a little different. Up on my list of goodies is Monster Munch, Apple Cider Caramels and Chocolate Sour Cream Donuts.

I figured the Munch mix was needing some sort of cute container and found these adorable chevron popcorn boxes cheap through Rue La La.

As cute as these boxes are on their own I just thought they needed a little more flair. So I stamped a sentiment on to white squares that I die cut and embossed white squares. They were pop dotted onto  scalloped squares that I let the cameo cut out for me.  

I then glued those to the boxes; assembly line style. There are 24 altogether.

And here they are ready for me to fill with bags of my monster munch which I will do next week sometime. Don't worry I will repost with them filled so you can see the final version and share all the recipes too.

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sympathy Card

One thing I never seem to have enough of are Sympathy cards and probably for the obvious reasons, you really don't want to think about losing a loved one or a friend.

Unfortunately I lost a friend to cancer over the weekend and even though I knew she had cancer her death still comes as a shock to me. Its hard to believe I will never see her again and I wanted to at least send my condolences to her husband to let him know I was thinking of him during this difficult time. Therefore I needed to make a card.

I like to think Sympathy cards should be fairly simple without too much fru fru as my husband says and definitely want to have it exude some sort of elegance so I chose to heat emboss with gold powder.

The stamps used on this card are from Stampin Up and the fine detail gold embossing powder is from Ranger Ink. I stamped the sentiment on vellum than ran it through my xyron tool because the stark white seemed too harsh and I wanted a softer feel to it.

I then added just a few extra details and kept the card fairly flat so it would be easy to mail. Last thing I want is my card coming postage due.

So hug your loved ones and tell your family and friends how much they mean to you because there are no redos, there is no going back and you just never know when the last time you will see them will be.

Monday, October 13, 2014


Decided I need a break from all this Halloween madness. It's been awhile since I churned out a layout and after I found some vintage photos I had been wanting to do something with them. My first photo is a picture of my grandmother and her sisters.

I do not know one the names because one sister left the family after she grew up and never returned. They searched for her years later and did find her but apparently she didn't want anything to do with the rest of the family, go figure. So I just need to get the name from my mother. I was thinking of adding a pull out to add more journaling about the whole assorted affair.

Using some Teresa Collins pp, enamel dots, Simon Says die. mists, sequins, the cameo for the title, washi tape and other odds and ends.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Red and Black Halloween Card

Ever since I altered my Wicked letters I really wanted to do something with some deep red roses and the color black. I guess you could say a vampire theme since that's what comes to mind when I think of this color combo.

I went against my beliefs again and did yet another 3D card. I actually dipped these flowers in some red mist ink which I found to be the perfect coloring tool. I was misting them but for whatever reason it dawned on my to unscrew the cap and dip the flowers in using the metal stem to hold much easier and far less messy.

Lots of tid bits here, Memory Box and Simon Says dies, German foil, washi tape, stickles,  mist, Martha Stewart punches and some Jenni Bowlin stickers. I still feel like I want to texture those black leaves, but maybe next time because it's one of those should'a, could'a, would'a moments and they were already fastened to the card before I figured it out.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Window Card

I want you to know I purchased this window die about two years ago and I never ever ever used it until now. Making flower boxes underneath the window was the popular thing to do with it and I decided it would be kind of fun to make it Halloween themed and have some images peeking out behind the frame.

I also took it a bit further and decided it needed a banner, but being lazy I just threw on a sticker that I had from KandCo. Also die cut some mini pumpkins and added in a few flowers. My Stampin Up images were colored using color pencils and I couldn't resist a few googlie eyes on the spider.

I really don't like making bulky cards so this will either be a hand delivered item or left on a co-workers desk.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Monster card

Well I have to admit I am a sucker for these 3D stickers. They are just so darn fun and cute plus I was drawn to the unusual color used and made my card a non orange and black theme to match.

I die cut the spider web and used bits of Making Memories and Echo Park pp. The stickers I purchased last year from KandCo.

Also quickly made these tee-shirts for the two youngest grandbabies to wear this past weekend when we ventured to Gilroy Gardens but alas my dd was ill so we had to reschedule. I love making shirts to for them to wear as a pair.