Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Not Homework

 
I admit it digging out all my supplies has been a motivator for me, so after playing around with my hot foil I really wanted to make another card that wasn't focused on my homework for the online class but utilizing some techniques they had be achieve. 

I had visions of bright pink but not gonna lie the Heidi Swapp foil just isn't that great, especially for an amateur like me. After much research I found out not all foil is created equal and times and temperatures vary among each foil type so after three or four attempts with the hot pink I gave up. I went back to the trusty red from Gemini which I have 0 problems with  as you can see for yourself, in the end I actually think this was a better choice. 

I also was motivated by some cards from Shutterfly that I thought I could easily replicate so that's what led me to this attempt. I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I'm not one to replicate my Christmas cards but honestly I like this one so much I could easily mass produce it.  

Stamps and inks were all from Tim Holtz. 



No comments:

Post a Comment