Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Just add snow

I admit it, I am cheating a little bit on this homework assignment. The task is to add snow to your project and they offered a few ways none of which I had so instead of doing another snow stencil with paste I am opting for something I have had in my stash for a few years. Yeah that's me buy it, set it aside but never use it until one day you realize you can and will use your supplies. 

What I made are ornament tags, they are from Papertrey Ink the kit was released in 2014 ( yeah I know) and I am sure are not available on their website anymore but they do re release archived stuff so you never know. 

Honestly when I first bought the kit I was like why are the stamps and tags so big and what am I supposed to do with these plastic orbs, I'm never gonna use those..lol funny how we can be some narrow minded and limited. I am here to say holy cow! why didn't I ever use these before they are so darn adorable and after watching a couple of videos I have a very clear idea how I am supposed to use all those dies and stamps where before I was a bit intimidated not knowing how to use them. 

And these were actually very simple to make. So here is the first step of die cutting the scenes, I then stamped over the deer, snowman and trees after coloring them with copics. Also tried to give the little cabin some dimension and just for fun a little glitter glue to make it a bit more festive. So everything you see is part of the Tinsel and Tags kit. 

Here is the scene before I add the snow and globe. 


And the finished globes. I plan to use these on a couple of gifts for friends


So I have four more globes left than I'm not sure if the globes are still sold, my guess is probably not and haven't searched Amazon to see if there's anything like these through them. Until then I guess I'll just have to be selective when gifting the rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment