Search This Blog

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Another Non Homework Card

I was really wanting to make this card with foil but I just didn't have the right size sentiment in order to make it work. I did heat emboss the holly branches (messily I might add) and then in lieu of shiny foil I did find a bit of red foil cardstock in my scrap pile so I used that which I think turned out quite nice. I also choose to heat emboss my holly berries but I only had one type of red embossing powder and it happened to be glitter based..oy glitter in embossing powder oh the mess it makes. 

Funny I have been re-reading Ali Edwards book, Life Artist and ironically I'm on a page about excepting imperfections and not to be a perfectionist, which I might add is difficult to do. I don't worry about what others think but it's me I try to please and for that it does become frustrating. At times I wonder if any of the great artists like Picasso, Rembrandt or Monet or any other famous painter have self judgement or did they just paint and say here like it or leave it. I'm not saying I'm even a drop like those great painters but it's just a reflection of wonderment about how life effected them. 

Any ways here is my messy imperfect card. 



No comments:

Post a Comment