Search This Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Christmag Tags

Well I've been a bit busy trying to get the house tidy, grocery shopping, etc for my dd visit. I am excited her family will be here for a week. 

Of course that means keeping my grandkids busy since we don't exactly live in suburbia. I bought a few things for them to keep them entertained and they love to help decorate for Christmas so that's another full day activity. 

In addition I thought they would enjoy decorating Gingerbread houses, now I know I could go spend a few dollars and buy them a kit but to be honest I have a loving memory with my son where we went to the Palace Hotel in San Francisco and decorated these huge houses and more impressing is that I had my very own which I did not expect. I wanted to share that experience for the grandboys. Further I plan to take them to WinCo which you know has barrels of candy for them to select out there own decorating supplies. I'm pretty sure that will go over well. 

Here is a snap shot on the pre-houses..I was starting to get  a bit carried away with decorating and had to stop and realize that landscaping is more of a decorating aspect so I stopped. (and there is a peek at my laundry room counters with paint color choice..I felt this was the safest place till they arrived.) There is a window on the side that I cut out, but I couldn't decide if cut out or drawn on was better so I left it at the one. 


And in between the houses I was making some Christmas tags, I really have been wanting to do this for the past 5 or 6 years so this IS the year I finally did it. 

I like to watercolor so that's what I did for this batch (I may make some others) and did an assortment. I also used my foil machine for the wording which I feel really adds a bit of elegance to them. 

I still have a few more strings to add but it's a good start in the meantime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment