Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2021

Stepped up Stencils

 For today's homework we were shown how to rethink using your stencils and I loved the project we were shown which did an ombre look down the stencil and using a piece of paper they were able to also provide a 2 tone look. Super excited I was ready to give this a try. 

However, you know when you are so inspired by a card that someone made you want to make it and as you raid your supplies you quickly realize that the products they used you do not own anything that would work. This usually requires a shopping spree for me but since I have now ordered from 3 different stores I think I really need to use what I have which sadly when it comes to Holiday stencils I am sorely lacking.

There was a part of me that knew I could use my Shilouette to make one or if you use the negative space from your dies that can be another makeshift stencil, but I really wanted to make something now. 

The nice thing about this whole Covid shutdown is learning on how to still meet up with your friends and since I was zooming with my bff she helped me pick out a stencil she thought looked like a candy cane so I went with it. 

I did my best to do an ombre effect and sadly ripped my stencil in the process so you'll see some coloring outside the lines that is. 

And my take on the ombre look minus the two tone colors







No comments:

Post a Comment