Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Watercolor Halloween

So technically the background on this card is the water coloring, no image per se. This was another Tim Holtz technique. Using his reinkers on a pre wet water color piece of cardstock.

After you get your initial colors on the water color card you go back (once it's dry of course) and use his distress inks to layer on more color adding or intensifying some areas and adding in a color in other areas. I did have Halloween in mind when I made this background. I do like the vibrant colors his inkers lend.

The dies are from Impression Obsession and normally I would add a sentiment but somehow it just doesn't work here, it's just too distracting from the die cut image and watercolor contrast.

2 comments:

  1. What a spooktacular card, Leslie! Your background looks great and what a fun die set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful!!! I love the bright water colored background with the silhouettes!

    ReplyDelete