Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Vintage - Halloween

Well I finally got a few minutes in my craft room and after unpacking and cleaning my room I did manage to come across a tag I had forgotten about. This was created during my Chemistry 101-103 classes.

I used a kraft tag and then used distressed inks to create the base. I then stamped in black a few details and the technique I was most excited about was using Perfect Pearls. I had some sudo ones that I really love and when I saw Tim use Perfect Medium to adhere perfect pearls I was hooked.

Of course that meant buying some perfect medium but I think it was an investment well spent. All you need to do is stamp the image in perfect medium then dump some perfect pearls on it and use a fan paint brush to brush off the excess.

The numbers 3 and 1 were from a stamp set I bought many years ago and in fact I just recently got rid of the alphas but forgot about the numbers because I kept them separately I am so glad I did because they really work great on this tag.

I also am a huge fan of black/orange plaid ribbon but its so hard to find in less than 1 inch but I just folded over my wide ribbon and adhered it to the tag with some hot glue.

A few punches from QK, vintage HW paper pad I picked up the expo from Authenique and then I experimented with this fun black sparkling glitter from Judikins. I wondered how embossing would work on vellum, a risk I decided to take and am pretty happy on how it came out although it's hard to capture the sparkle with a camera.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool card, Leslie, love seeing the different techniques you've been trying out from the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoooooooky!!!!! Love the papers and design :-)

    ReplyDelete