Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy Halloween

Continuing with more of my Tim Holtz class byproducts I created the background using his paints as a stamp resist. Much like using any other ink or embossing technique this one simply uses paints to stamp an image with, then you ink up the card and wipe off with a wet paper towel to reveal the resist stamped image. I have to say I prefer these types of techniques by far than anything else I've tried.

Then using a plethora of die cuts I created my little scene. The pumpkins and broom are from Poppystamps, the tree from Quickutz or whoever they are these days. The Happy from My Favorite Things, a circle punch for the vellum then I used part of a Memory Box stamp to stamp just the Halloween sentiment. The plaid paper was part of that Authentique 6x6 Halloween pad I picked up at the expo.

BTW for a little tip, I use a piece of paper tape to cover up the sentiment part I don't want to stamp, ink up the stamp then pull off the tape. It's a pretty easy way to just use part of a mounted rubber stamp or any stamp where you don't want the entire sentiment or image for that matter.

3 comments:

  1. How neat! Love your background!! Very cool! Your tree is awesome and the little pumpkins are too cute :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat! Love your background!! Very cool! Your tree is awesome and the little pumpkins are too cute :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete