Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Vintage - Joy

On to my second technique, this one I really like. Basically you use his paint as a resist. I used the antique linen paint to stamp some script onto a card then you add in the distress ink. Then to bring the stamped antique linen color out you wet a towel and rub it over the stamped image and like a heat emboss resist the images or in this case the script text pops out.

I tried some other techniques but didn't care for them and as I mentioned before it just wasn't my style.

Most of what I do seems to be creating backgrounds but I do like the look of this for another vintage card. Keeping my theme of Christmas I added in some snowflakes, a stamped banner and bits of flowers and leaves. I also added in a trio of stick pins and the Joy die cut from Papertrey Ink which I used glitter cardstock as the back layer of the sentiment.


5 comments:

  1. Oh wow, your card is beautiful, Leslie, and I really adore the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!! I love the Christmas pink so much! The white script is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!! I love the Christmas pink so much! The white script is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete