Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

More Halloween Inspired Cards

Ok I am still finishing up using backgrounds I made from the Tim Holtz products from the classes I took and honestly I am not even sure how this spider web background came out. It really was just a bunch of mistakes covering up mistakes.

I do know I loved what I started with which was a nice vibrant purple water colored card using his distress reinkers, then I tried to mist on some black distress spray using a spider web stencil which I hated so I took a wet towel and blotted off what I could which brought back some of the purple then I misted some perfect pearls on top of the stencil, then I gave up. It does have a nice sheen to it.

And one thing about spider webs that trouble me, the spiders never look realistic so I decided to give this a bit of three dimension and put a plastic spider on it. It's actually not too bulky as the spider is fairly flat.


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous Fall cards! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete