Search This Blog

Friday, May 16, 2014

Watercolor Class - Day 5 and 6

Ok I must admit at this point the class is becoming a bit repetitious for me. I think to sum it up the idea is you can use anything to watercolor with, you can use shimmer water instead of water to add some gleam and you can either emboss or not emboss your image as well as paint or ink directly on your stamp or do it afterward. But it's interesting to see the instructors different techniques and mediums.

I think by far the one that made the most impression on me was where you stamped your image with distress ink then used a watercolor brush and painted over the image with water. While the image was still wet you go back over it adding paints to mix in with the original image and paint in where it's needed. It was the most beautiful card I had ever seen so I knew I wanted to try my hand at it. I left the face intact because I don't think it would have done the image justice to brush it wet.


 
 
I also went ahead and made a card where you inked the stamp, misted with water and then stamped on the card. I have to say this is nothing new to me and was as a take on the instructors use of actually painting with shimmer water instead of regular water, I misted my stamp with Radiant Pearls, but I didn't like the muddy look it gave so for this card, I just opted to mist the uninked stamp after I was done and stamped it on top of my image which did give it a bit of a sheen.

 
Enjoy you weekend everyone!

2 comments: