Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Have a spook-tacular birthday!

Being behind on my birthday cards I needed to get crack-a-lackin so I finally got around to making a card for my grandson. He loves all things Haunted Mansion and when I say loves I mean LOVES LOVES LOVES HM. Thus I needed to make him a card with the hitchiking ghosts. Although he prefers the hatbox ghost I just knew my silhouette wouldn't be friendly cutting that silhouette out so I choose Ezra, Phineas and Gus, yeah they have names, how I did not know that until he told me is beyond me. And I call myself a Disney fan.

Originally I planned to just cut out the silhouette and use the negative space for the card but then I remembered this great background stamp from Stampers Anonymous and I wanted to use it somehow, so I found this great purple paper and heat embossed the stamped image to make it look like the HM wallpaper. But alas the stamp was way smaller that what I originally hoped to use it for so I had to mat if more than expected and then I decided I would use the cutouts and being white they really popped up of that background image both literally and physically (with the help of some foam tape.)

Only thing left was to come up with some kind of sentiment so using a couple of different stamps I pieced together a birthday sentiment and added a few enamel dots. Lets just say he will be over the top happy when he sees this and all the HM gifts I have for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment