Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Wastercolor - ThankYou number 2

Hope everyone had a safe and restful New Year's eve and day. I know our neighborhood was celebrating way into the 1 am hour so it sounded like they were enjoying themselves.

This is my second Thank you card, also water colored.

I wanted to try something a little out of the norm so I choose a blue color for my flowers. And while I opted for Salty Ocean from Tim Holtz's distressed inks I noticed it kind of faded when it dried and I didn't like the loss of vibrancy so I mixed in a little squeezed lemonade and combined it with the blue to get my greenish color then I think the whole thing just got out of hand, but the funny thing about watercolor is the more you play with it the better it gets. After I was done I realized it kind of looked like a blue pansy.

Funny how you envision something in your mind and when your done it takes on a different look than what you were going for. Not a bad look just something completely unexpected.

Oh and these are still the Simon Says Stamps from Monday. I did have to borrow the leaves from my Altenew stamps to help complete the look.


No comments:

Post a Comment