Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2015

Trick Or Treat

Ok first we had Christmas and now Halloween, yeah I am working out of order and way ahead but it's ok I like to be a bit organized with those kinds of things.

Well I decided after seeing this super cute Bella Blvd Halloween fabric that I just needed to make another quilt, sigh and actually decided I was going to make two. One for myself and one for my daughter but I did choose a different fabric for myself.

I went ahead and made my dd's and was able to give it to her last night when she came over with the grandbabies, it was a hit so I am happy to have that done and gone (I need the room..storage in my crafty room was getting tight)

I will confess that this pattern/fabric quilt has none of my creativity. The only thing I can take credit for was purchasing, cutting, sewing and the basic quilting of said quilt.

It went pretty quick since there was only one border and the size is a lap quilt (64x78) vs the twin size I did for the boys. I opted to just do a general wave for the quilting which is also a fairly fast method. All said and done it took me a week, but given that I work full time and have swimming on two evenings the only really full days I had to work on this was Monday and Saturday, my guess would be about ~15 full hours.



5 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt, Leslie, love the addition of the purple, it really stands out nicely from the orange and black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Leslie! You are so multi-crafty talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 15 hours to make this?! You are awesome! I love the black, white, and purple. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh this one is super Awesome too!!!!

    ReplyDelete