Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy {love} Day!

So in honor of Valentine's Day my co-workers are being rewarded with these fiery little cupcakes. The recipe is from Cupcake Wars (foodnetwork.com) but I did adjust it sparingly. They have a nice little bit of heat and a subtle cinnamon flavor. Definitely yummy!

In my version I cut the cayenne pepper in half, cheated and used 2 T King Arthur's Red Velvet cake flavoring instead of the red food coloring, omitted the cinnamon from the frosting (didn't want a funky color which the cinnamon will do) and used about 2-3 T Cinnamon Schnapps. ( I would say add 1T and taste from there until you are satisified with the flavoring, mine were mild but you could ramp them up if you like it super hot!)

Red Hot Velvet Cupcakes


2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! You have very lucky co-workers! I posted a baking post on Tuesday so I'm glad to see I'm not the only baker! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete