Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Watercolor - Thanks so much

So my garden is starting to bloom and every day for about the past three weeks I have been looking at my flowers, love to see what's starting to bloom, what is blooming and just nice to see everything so green and happy.

In particluar I am loving my ranunculus. I thought I'd share a few photos of these beauties because they have been totally inspiring me to make a watercolor card.

So much pink goodness.


I love how the edges of this one are pink but the inside is a nice cream to faint yellow and was my inspiration for this card. Not that I did the flower any justice because it's tough to beat Mother Nature but I wanted to try and darker edge and lighter middle. 

The stamps were from Altenew and used Tim Holtz Distressed Inks. My die from MFTS was a bit too small for my overall image so I cut the leaf out then layed it on the outside of the die and diecut the panel as I normally do. A fun technique that allows you to keep your overall image.



No comments:

Post a Comment