Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Altered Embroidery Hoop

I was going to discuss my Colorburst adventures but am running late today, baking bread, sewing purses and general odds and ends so I didn't get time to write up the blog post, but I did have this lovely hoop I created during my time at the Expo.

This adorable little girl is my youngest grand daughter and since girl projects are always fun to do with tons of flowers and pinks I adorned the hoop with lots of those elements. I did spritz the background paper and used a stencil but the spray was a gold glitter and it really doesn't show up here.

This was easy enough to do. I traced pp and chipboard using the outside edge of the hoop then after using double sided tape to attach the pp to the chipboard I hot glued it to the back of the hoop. From there I just kept adding lots and lots of floral elements.

I used some of Prima's art alchemy paint to paint the wooden love word as well as splatter some on the background.

This was a lot of fun to do so I might just have to make another one for my other grand daughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment