Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Halloween Diamond Dotz

 So if you remember my other post on diamond dotz it was something I started doing at the expo and my friend being the enabler she is helped me succumb to yet another craft. I began with an innocent enough small panel then graduated to this medium size one and when I was done I had it framed. This one did not take that long and it is really hard to see the beauty of this through a lens but it really is quite stunning.

I picked the Halloween project because one I like Halloween and two I knew my grand kids would love it so figured on giving this to my dd for her birthday. Little did I know the grand kids would find it and show to their mom so of course I let them take it home pre birthday celebration. I then ended up buying 2 Christmas ones, a Snowman and a Santa that I figured I could keep one and give one to my dd for her birthday.

I already completed the Snowman and had it framed, I have to say it turned out gorgeous and am still working on Santa.

Interestingly enough when I took this pumpkin one to Michaels I found out that all the big craft stores are now carrying these. I was also surprised to find that most of the girls at the framing department were big into them. A few people have stopped by to look at it in the store and asked about the project and where to buy them, which is how I found out that the craft stores were carrying them.

Anyhoo if you need another craft by all means this one is easy and very enjoyable as I tell my husband its like a cross between paint my numbers and counted cross stitching. I also know there are other brands out there especially on Amazon but have heard the bead or dotz don't shimmer as much, the area you cover in dotz is way less than the original dd panels, but they do have a plethora of unique projects so you'd probably find one that appeals to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment