Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Happy Halloween - Stuff

It doesn't seem right posting Christmas cards on Halloween so am showcasing a couple of costume or cosplay items I made for the Disney trip that we wore. 

First up I used my Silhouette to create this Darth Vader Tank for my dd. I designed the images and cut them out according to a picture I had from a museum trip I took with my older dgs of the actual Darth Vader costume.


I went as Chewbaca so I made a fur vest and his bandolier bag using my sewing machine. I painted some foam blocks silver and got inspiration from both pintrest and also from Myth Buster's Adam Savage's Youtube video. 


And here we all are with Chewbaca at Disneyland. My youngest son went as R2D2 and my middle grandbaby as a Storm Trooper, wished he had his hat on because he really looked cute with it on. Oh well.

Because they don't allow full length capes at Disneyland my dd wore a full length cardigan sweater and as we were walking in to have the picture taken they were playing the death march music. I told her it was a good choice because it had the effect of a cape as if she was Darth herself.

Enjoy your trick or treating and stay safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment