Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Happy Birthday - Diamond Dotz

So I don't know if any of you have heard of Diamond Dotz or not, but they're kind of addicting. My bff has about 3 really large ones she's doing and will display in her home, me not so much.

At the expo in our Make and Take we or rather I was totally introduced into actually how fun they are. They gave us a nice little project and I immediately set task at hand (completely out of order for the scheduled make and takes) and completed mine lickety split.

If you have never heard of them they are basically the new way of creating paint by numbers The canvas has a picture scene, not all of it is covered with diamond dotz and it's highly tacky with a glue substance. Then all you do is find your dotz which have a bit of a sheen or bling to them but not like a crystal more plasticty and stick them on the corresponding symbol. It's easy, no brainer, time killer, addictingly fun craft.

Here is there website https://www.diamonddotz.com/
And I purchased mine at the expo here https://kreativekreations.me/diamond-dotz/

I see that there also online at places like Walmart and Michaels.

I currently am finishing up one of the larger Halloween ones with the 3 pumpkins that I plan to mat and frame for my dd as a Halloween decoration. It's a nice size and the boys will love it!

Anyhoo. I took a small one to get my feet a little bit more wet and used it to create a card. The kit for the one in the card ran me $5, but you get everything you need to create the picture.


Here is a close up so that you can see they are like tiny enamel dots but I promise there is a sparkle to them, just hard to see via computer. I also sprinkled glitter all over mine because as you can see there are tiny gaps where the tacky substance is exposed. I didn't want to worry about dust and dirt clinging to it so I just used a fine white glitter to stick to all those places. 


No comments:

Post a Comment