Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Zipper Card

I finally got around to make another card for my monthly send to the grandkids. This time I had been eyeing a set of dies I purchased from Papertrey Ink years and years ago, I figured it was time to use them. It's a set of dies to make zipper cards.

I wanted to pep up the card a bit so I die cut the beginning title using my Silhouette (font is called eight track), and added a MFT cool cat kitty that I colored to mimic our little Calico kitty named Momo.

The zipper die makes a perforated tear which I then die cut a second color to overlap on top of the original strip and stamped an arrow and little message that says pull here. Given that I don't even know if the boys will get the concept I took it a further step and started the first tear to help it make it easy.

Inside the perforated zipper strip I stamped the sentiment "is having special kids like you" I did have to alter this because the stamp was {a special kid} so I crossed out the a and added an s to kids. The stamp set is from Papertrey Ink as well and obviously coordinates with their moving die collection.

Hopefully this card is a hit and if nothing else is a bit different from their usual ones.

3 comments:

  1. What a very fun card, Leslie, I'm sure the boys will enjoy it! So cute that you colored the kitty like your Momo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!! I've never seen a zipper card before! That's awesome! Yours is adorable! I love the little critter! The grandkids will love it! Super.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow!! I've never seen a zipper card before! That's awesome! Yours is adorable! I love the little critter! The grandkids will love it! Super.

    ReplyDelete