Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Couple of Cards

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. I spent most of it making another quilt. I managed to get the top done now the icky part of backing it and sigh the actual quilt part.

I did manage to squeeze out a couple of cards yesterday since I haven't started my quilting just yet.

First up was a simple birthday card using some MFT stamps. This cutie was colored with copics and added enamel dots and washi tape to round out the card.

 
 
Then my bff's brother in law passed away so I needed to make a sympathy card. I chose this stamp from Stampin Ups Thoughts and Prayers. It's a pretty basic card but I did heat emboss it with some gold and die cut the panel with the stitched frame before popping it up with some foam tape. Seems a bit stark but I don't know if you would really want it to be too festive so leaving it as is.
 


3 comments:

  1. OMG! That Scotty card is so adorable! You make the most amazing cards! So lovely! Your Sharing in Sorrow card is simply lovely as well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, Leslie! Sympathy cards are hard for me, but yours is so lovely and soothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Leslie! The paw prints on the first add such a sweet touch and your sympathy card is soothing as Lisa said.

    ReplyDelete