Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Two down four to go

So on Monday I gave you a bit of a sneak peek of what I have been making and today I have two of my six altered canvas done for my dd. She is redecorating the boys room into a superhero theme and crafty me decided to make them some art for their wall.

The canvas is just an 8x8 and I then wrapped them in some cotton. I cut the words and stars from felt which I ironed a bit of fusing onto the back to help the cameo cut them. I have to say it was easier to cut the stars using my spellbinders so I opted for that route. I also found it better to fussy cut the bottom layers of matting where I could. Then I glued everything together. I was hoping to sew them together but decided that was a much bigger effort than I originally thought it would be.


 

I also have been making some progress on their quilts. 6 of the 8 rows have been assembled. Of course I still have to finish two more rows and then back it and bind it. And unfortunately this is just one quilt, I still have a whole other one to make. I am hoping to find some time this weekend to progress but have promised my chiropractor to take many many breaks and not over do it. She wanted to limit me to just 1 hour a day sewing to which I just laughed. Thankfully she sews so she understood.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good GM !!! these are fabulous and the boys are going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable wall decor, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete