Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2022

Holiday Day 2 - Plaid Backgrounds

For today it was all about making plaid backgrounds using various tools and techniques. The first one I loved which used the Concord and 9th turnabout stamp which is a very simple way to use 1 stamp and then just rotate your card panel to get the plaid stamped design, very cool. 

The next method was using various width stamps that come in a set from Simon Says Stamp to create your own plaid background which while not as easy as the turnabout stamp method it was pretty straight forward and I like how you had different widths instead of just one. 

The next technique shown was with a stencil and have to say that is also pretty easy to replicate and lastly using masking strips of post it type paper you just mask off areas and then using you inks from lightest to darkest and rotating your card you create the same effect. This method was probably the most involved. 

Sadly I did not own anything to make this lovely backgrounds but I dug through my stash none the less and found a very small Tim Holtz plaid stencil which I used to create a tag then used it to make a card. 


The black sentiment strips are premade from Simon Says Stamp and then I just used my Penny Black Joy die to cut the word out twice, once in black and once in a mirrored cardstock and then combined the two for an offset look. A few touches of sequins, ribbon and diecut leafs helped finish off this card. I did learn to use an accent pen (either gold or silver of which I had neither so used black) to add additional lines placed through block lines or next to them to give more depth. This is one technique I will definitely be using with all my plaids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment