Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2022

Holiday Cards - Day 4

Today was all about ink blending backgrounds. The first example was blending inks and then die cutting them into whatever shape you wanted to use. The instructor had some stitched triangles that she used. She masked off sections of the card so she could have different blends of similar inks. Her card was awesome, she layered the cards in a strip added some white enamel dots to act like ornaments and added a heat embossed simple sentiment. I was truly inspired but alas I didn't have any stitched triangles but I decided to just cut some triangles not as pretty as hers but it should work. I also used some crystal stars  and instead of enamel dots used sequins then added a foil sentiment. I really wanted to make these trees in pinks and purples but I didn't have any foil to match so went with blues (inks I used were salty ocean, peacock feathers, evergreen bough, salvaged patina, iced spruce and speckled egg). 


The second example was to create a background using two or three inks on a colored piece of paper that was similar in color to your inks, thus saving you time. This example was also given last year and was a mind blower for me. I like it! Then the instructor embossed stamped some lovely snowflakes and I thought her background looked pretty good but then that's where it stopped for me. The layers were cut into strips and layered in various arrangements on the bottom half of the card. I just couldn't grasp why you would take a beautiful background and cut it up..this was definitely not for me. Her other example was similar to her first she left it untouched..whew this I could handle. 

I used the same colors from the first card, heat embossed a snowflake set from Simon Says stamp then added my diecut and sentiment strips (I'm loving these) and a few sequins. Viola my snow themed card. 




No comments:

Post a Comment