Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Holiday Card Making TIme - Day 1

Well it's been a long time since my last post and a lot of sadness in my life for most of this year but I am trying to take some steps towards healing and signed up for the Online Card Class Holiday Workshop to help me gear up to normality. This is a great way to launch yourself into making Holiday Cards as well as just ease yourself into being crafty. It's a two week class so if you wanted to joing we are only on day 4.

I was blown away on Day 1 which was a two fold class. One method was focused on faux laser cutting techniques and another on making plaids. 

First up are not 1 but 3 cards focused on using 1 large die to cut out on your card and then using other smaller type dies that you layer behind the the larger one. 

Then there was different techniques for your background of your larger dies, from using stamps to hombre ink tone, to using just cardstock. There were were four samples given, but I only made three. 

The first card I used a heart along with a holy die cut from Penny Black. I think it worked nicely. This is layered on a mirror cardstock



This second  card uses a leaf die behind a square bracket shape and I felt it was a little too naked so I added in a deer cut from matte gold cardstock. The sentiment was made using foil. I actually love using this tool instead of embossing as it is less messy. 


I really loved this card and needed to create a 5 x7 which I don't normally make but in order to get the full effect of the snowflakes I went with a large star which required plenty of space. I created the background using a stencil and some distress inks. I diecut 4 star cardstock panels for a fat stack to give this card some heft. The various snowflakes were layered behind the first panel. Again I think this was by far my favorite of the three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment