Search This Blog

Monday, July 31, 2017

Altered Frame

This week I will be sharing two altered projects. I have wanted to get a couple of projects done so I took the time at the expo to get a jump start on completing them. 

Up first, I take zero creativity for this frame since I basically was inspired by Shari Carrols's Mixed Media Love project. Hers is certainly beautiful enough to inspire anyone. Mixed Media

I just put my spin on this project because lets face it I didn't have all the same supplies and wasn't going to go purchase them so I did use up what I had. Although I did have to go purchase the overall frame and canvas pieces. Clever me bought a child's 5x7 canvas paint project and then just flipped it over to hold my 4x6 photo. 

I had all the flowers and even those swirls of pearls embellishments that I wrapped around my frame and also up the edge on one side. Although I didn't have nearly the variety that Shari used. But I made do. 


The Love die and butterfly I picked up at the expo, they're from Melissa Frances and had to paint the love die but left the butterfly as is.

And this was some old Making Memories pp that I deiced to use along with some other script paper sitting around in my stash. Two gone and about a 1000 left

I did feel that this pp was a bit more busier than Shari's but I think it worked. And I didn't have much in the way of stencils and do you know I couldn't find any at the expo, so went with what I brought which was a honeycomb design. 



And here it is framed and ready to hang on the wall. And the nice thing about no glass is if I decided to tweak it some more it's simple to do. and the photo I used is of my great grandparents.
Check this off as done, and now I am ready to move on to my other project for my dd.






No comments:

Post a Comment