Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

It's Done

I have been working on a quilt for my mom. Took me near a month to complete this one. I loved the colors and completely reminded me of something my mom would enjoy.

 
I ended up using 5 different quilting patterns on this one. Basically a different pattern for each of the borders and then one for the inside square.
 


Ironically I bought the fabric a year ago but only purchased enough for the quilt top and neglected to purchase coordinating fabric for the back. I think I figured I could find something at Joann's. I couldn't find anything so I headed to a nearby quilt store and found something that I thought would work.

This is the back fabric


 
And the whole schbang. Ready for gift giving. Most likely her birthday.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Leslie, this is so beautiful! There's no question that your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Leslie! That's amazing!!! I love it! I wish I could quilt (or had someone close to me who would quilt and give it to me - lol!) How special! I love the inside fabric too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Leslie! The colors are so pretty together and so refreshing. :)

    ReplyDelete