Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Merman card for the boys

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day and a scrap happy time this weekend in honor of National Scrapbook Day.

Today I am showcasing yet another card for the grandsons. They now officially have a shelf where they are displaying all of my cards, so cute! I feel kind of funny sending them back to back ocean themed cards but one of the challenges this week I have with my friend is to use a digital image and when I saw this cute merman boy I just couldn't resist.

I am using two sentiments combined that are from Kraftin Kimmie as well as the coral at the bottom of the card and the fish dies are from Poppystamps. I colored the little guy in copics and fussy cut and then popped him up on the overall frame which was a die from My Favorite Stamps.

And it's hard to see on except in person but I used some copic glitter pens to give the mermans fins and scales some shine. The dark aqua blue also has a sheen to it. Lets just say this card looks much better in person than in film.



5 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cute card, Leslie! That's so sweet that they have a place to display your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing in every way, Leslie! Your details are perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the colours and the cute images. Great take on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday STENCIL IT Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this card is fantastic! The colors are awesome! I just love it Leslie. Cute sentiment, too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love this image. There are so many cute ones out there now. Love your colouring of the image and the layout looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete