Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Right Now

So this weekend I was busy but not with anything I can show you. I was busy scanning, and photo editing my MILs photos and then I made this nice little hard bound book on Shutterfly to give out to her grand children at her Celebration of Life. It turned out so nice but not something I can share.

I thought I would share with you what I am loving right now....

Springtime in my backyard




Our two little kitties enjoying the outdoors






And I also am pleased to announce the birth of my first Granddaughter, Caroline. Now after I found out I have to tell you I immediately starting scoping out dress patterns, she is only 10 days old but I have rediscovered my love of sewing.

So rushed out and bought these patterns



 And this material

 I already started on the white dress above in a white eyelet, I just have the hem and the zipper to add and after starting this dress I realized I should have started with something much easier to get warmed up. I had forgotten so much and worse I hardly had any of my old sewing supplies so had to go buy them. On top of that I lost my good sewing machine years ago and replaced it with a cheap one because I thought I only needed it for scrapbooking and card making and thus things are more of a challenge, heck. I can't even find my zipper foot for it so now I need to see if I can locate a replacement.

 
 
I also saw this adorable diaper cover on pintrest so you know I have to try my hand at it. I did purchase a ruffler foot and am seriously thinking of getting a serger for my birthday.
 

 
 

 
Well that's what's going on over my weekend, hope you enjoyed yours. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm envious of your blooming flowers, Leslie, we're having unseasonably cold temperatures with more snow on the way. Congratulations on the arrival of your granddaughter, the diaper cover you found looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icongratulations on your first granddaughter!! their blessings!! and I love your kitty's to !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful photos, love seeing the blooms. We are still covered in ice. Your granddaughter is going to have the best wardrobe! Our mother always made us dresses with the eyelet fabric. Makes me nostalgic every time I see the fabric!

    ReplyDelete