Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Happy Mother's Day

Well Mother's Day is this weekend and alas I haven't really prepared anything for my mom. I did just return from staying with her for a few days and helped her with her gardening but I feel like that's not really a gift.

I still haven't found anything I'd like to give her but I figured the least I could do was make her a card. And after many days of plant shopping I have a sneaky suspicion she likes purple. So I went with that.

Originally I tried to use some Yupo paper with Distress inks but it just doesn't dry quickly so of course it smudged. I thought I'd try photo paper again for some vibrancy and just used Papertrey Inks this time with my Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Stamp set along with some Altenew leaf stamps.

The Happy sentiment was from the SSS stamp set and I had a Mother's Day sentiment from Clearly Besottled.

The real challenge here was finding the right pp which I really didn't have much that went with purple. I found this striped paper on a Halloween pp pad
from Pink and Main. I like the harlequin feel to it and I hope my mom does too.



No comments:

Post a Comment