Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Christmas Advent Calendar

So every year I go to the expo, well twice a year and I always visit this one booth and lo and behold I found some Disney dies one year so I bought one, then sadly I lost it so next time the expo rolled around I searched for this booth to repurchase my die and the more time I spent in there the more money I ended up spending.

She had these Kaiser Kraft advent calendar displayed and I thought oh how fun it would be to do one in a Disney theme for the boys so I bought one plus the pull handles and some lights. But then I couldn't find any Disney Christmas themed paper so opted to search through my stash of paper and found all this Basic Grey and knew it would be a perfect match.

I began by painting the pieces (except for the boxes), then assembled the main structure and added on my pp. For the boxes I painted the inside, made a template then cut all the pieces out and attached all of that paper to the boxes and finally distressed the boxes and inked them. Yes it was a lot of work.

After I assembled  the calendar I knew I needed to add some other objects and I did use tinker bell for a bit of Disney and also my Tim Holtz star die with the word letter Believe that I glittered.



 I also poked some holes for the lights to shine through and a wreath

 

and I wanted to make a little scene on the ledge, again having a hard time finding what I wanted but finding stuff I could settle on like these cute snowmen. 


and of course I added 2 of those guys to represent each of the boys


and even though mom will be filling the boxes with treats, notes about what they are doing for the day or perhaps a poem I thought it would be fun to hide additional little characters in some of the boxes themselves. 


If you've read this far, be sure and enjoy your Turkey day tomorrow and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment