Search This Blog

Monday, January 21, 2013

Christmas may be over, but...

Baking goes on or at least in our house. So I was lucky enough to have a friend who gave me a huge bag of macadamia nuts and knew I couldn't eat them all, so what do...make bark of course. White chocolate macadamia nut bark to be precise.

Making bark not only let me use up some nuts but I also was able to use my new toy that my son gave me for Christmas, a silicon mat.


This recipe is easy enough

2 cups semi sweet chocolate
2 cups white chocolate
1 cup toasted and coarsely chopped macadamia or almond nuts

Line a small 9 x 13 cookie sheet with enough parchment paper it hangs over 2 inches

Reserve 1/4 c of semi sweet chocolate and melt remaining chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.

Spread melted chocolate in an even layer onto the parchment paper.

Reserve 1/4 cup of white chocolate and melt remaining chocolate (same method as semi sweet.)

Drizzle over semi sweet chocolate. Use a toothpick to swirl chocolates together to give a marbled effect.

Sprinkle with nuts and remaining chocolate, pressing toppings firmly into melted chocolate. Chill for 30 min then break or cut into bite sized pieces.

4 comments: