Search This Blog

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Altered Canvas

I love the look of rustic old items and since I don't actually get to alter items in this rustic fashion too often I seized the opportunity to make this sign for my workplace using the Graphic 45 Alice in Wonderland pp from Halloween last year. I saw this saying on a shirt at Wal-mart and knew right away this would make a perfect sign to display at work where my fellow co-workers would surely get a laugh. I modged podged the pp down in various layers, painted the paper with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, then wiped it off since it would have basically left the paper black but instead left a subtle black overtone. I then spritzed the canvas with some Perfect Pearl Inference Red for more sheen, attached some Toile and added layers of embellies. The "CRAZY" letters I painted, then stamped and then topped off with some Diamond Glaze. I think it came out pretty good, what do you think?



1 comment: