Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Mickey Mouse - Make A Wish

At the last expo I spied some Disney dies. Being a Disney fan I am always on the lookout for pretty much anything Disney. Imagine my delight when I saw these dies from Character World. I drooled over the princesses, Mickey and Minnie and oh so many more. First I admired them and then I walked away, I needed time to think these dies weren't cheap. I came back later and examined them more closely. These dies would need several cuts to make one finished diecut and thus I walked away again. Did I really want to spend this kind of money and have to take time to assemble the end product? More time passed by and I thought how much would I use one of these..trying not to give into my immediate impulse to have them. After a debate in my mind I bought the Mickey one. I knew this would be good for my pocket pages, layouts and cards.

Thus this is my first chance I had to use it now almost 4 months later.

I used my stamps from Poppystamp for this card as I feel they work perfectly with Disney products as well as star dies from Memory Box, trimmed the wishing die from Simon Says Stamp and finished it off with a little Mickey Balloon sticker.

As you can see I had to cut each color once. I used the black as the base and layered everything from there. These aren't for the faint at heart because there was some simple cutting to get the pieces off a base diecut and a lot of gluing,. I would definitely make a few at a time to make the time it takes to assemble worthy. I am definitely a fan regardless and since they make Marvel dies I'm probably going to purchase another one at the next expo.






1 comment: