Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2019

Rainbow Duo

I was contacted a few weeks back from someone that came across a card I did back in 2014. They inquired about purchasing it, but lets face it that was 6 years ago and it definitely had been gifted some time ago. That being said I was more than happy to create something new or recreate the original card for them and I choose to do both.

For reference you can find the original card here.

At first I was lets make a new card but the more I looked at my original card I realized it was pretty enough all by itself so I didn't really make that much of a change to it. I used Stampin Up watercolor crayons to paint with. I used the original stencil I had created before and then just added different clouds and matted the card a bit differently but for the most part its the same card.


Then for this second card I decided to stamp the image and heat emboss it then used my acrylic block to dab on some alcohol inks on, misted that heavily with water then pressed the card panel on top to get this rainbow effect.


They both have a unique rainbow effect one being more literal and the other being more interpretive.  I like really like them both. 




No comments:

Post a Comment