Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Aloha

I'm not sure where the inspiration for this card came from, one moment I'm watercoloring then next thing I've pulled some inks out of their cubbies and am stamping a hibiscus flower on a panel.

After I finished I wasn't sure why I had done what I had done, but I needed to do something with that base panel so I grabbed a Bo Bunny stamp set for some palm trees and put them on watercolor paper which I colored and fussy cut. I also stamped some surfboards but the proportion of trees to boards was off so I passed on those. I found my trio of hula girls that I actually bought in Maui so was pleased to add them to this card colored with my copics and popped up for a bit of dimension.

Then being lazy I was looking for some stickers but was also looking through stuff and found a bunch of chipboard letters tucked away, how those got over looked when I was doing layouts I'll never know but was happy to find some green letters about the right size for what I needed.

Then you know me and those damn enamel dots so they ended up on the card as well and I couldn't help but feel this needed a little flower somewhere on this card for that true Aloha feel. So punched one out and adhered it onto the lettering. And so here it is completed; one Hawaiian themed card.


No comments:

Post a Comment