Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2019

Happy Birthday - Watercolor

Ssshhh don't tell my husband but I bought myself an early birthday gift, I couldn't resist the Wallpaper Art stamp set from Altenew since I was in the midst of watercoloring and was getting tired of the same ol stamps.

I really prefer my distressed inks as my go to watercolors and I always mean to use my other supplies but I just love how easy these are to work with and the vibrancy they provide.

For these flowers I used Abandoned Coral and Firebrick Red. I like to leave some white as it really helps portray the highlights really well with colors so you'll see a lot of that if you look closely. I also used a little Orange Marmalade and Squeezed Lemon for the middle part and Twisted Citron along with freshly mowed for the leaves which got a little messy but oh well the flowers still look lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment