Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2021

Holy Crap it's a Card!

 Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, I made a card. How long has it been, 3 moves, 2 fires and a new house. I've finally settled in and am on the crusty edge of creating again. 

Motivated by a Holiday card class, I signed up and have since watched my first video which was Monday..and I'm just getting a card done. I can't tell you how alien this is seeming to be, finding supplies figuring out stuff..it's almost all new but luckily not that new. 

Any hoo this is Day 2's homework assignment. It was a lesson on mass producing card. Intriguing idea of using a stamp background image then ink in the color. For this card I used a HoHo sentiment from MFTS and used their red ink to tone down my white card panel. I am learning you can use colored card stock to safe yourself some time but you know what I don't have a lot of colored cardstock so am limited. I also did as the class demonstrated and dipped the edge in embossing powder after using versamark to give a white outline to the card panel. 

Once I had my stamped and colored card stock panel I used pattern paper also from MFTS because I didn't have much in the way of a stencil as the class illustrated, especially holiday themed. I then mounted everything on to a card base and did a triple mat of the Joy from Hero Arts and added in some sequins. 

Whew can't believe this took two days to complete. I am so behind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment